Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Urban Decay Naked Palette

First off, let me apologize for the length of time that I have been M.I.A. School has ended and now I am back!

Today’s review is on the Urban Decay Naked Palette!

 
Because mine was purchased months ago, it came with a double ended 24/7 Liner in the color Zero and Whiskey and a travel size Primer Potion. But now, the palette comes with the Good Karma Eye Shadow Brush and a travel size Primer Potion.
*These are not my pictures

 
I received this palette for Christmas last year and it quickly became a Holy Grail item for me. I use this palette practically every day. I didn’t think I was that interested in neutral colors. Before this palette, I would usually wear All That Glitters by MAC on the lid, a wearable color in the crease (like a navy, dark green, or purple), and then a brown in the outer corner. I never really used all neutral colors because to be honest, I thought it was boring. The Naked Palette turned my whole thinking around.

This palette retails for $48. When I looked up this price it seemed really expensive to me. I thought it was a few dollars less, so I did a little research. The price of the palette did go up from $44 to $48 when the palette was re-introduced with the Good Karma Brush. But no matter what the price, the Naked Palette will always be a hot seller! This palette is sold out pretty much at every store it is sold at, but can be purchased on-line at http://www.urbandecay.com/.

I love the selection from this palette. No two colors are exactly alike. There are pinky colors, blue-ish colors, warm colors, cool colors, matte colors, shimmery colors, glittery colors, highlight colors, transition colors, dark colors, light colors… I could go on and on! And on top of that, EVERY color is pigmented.
*The first picture is not mine


Color Description (left to right)
*note: all these descriptions are my own, although they might look different in photos, I described these colors from my actual palette

Virgin – shimmery/frosty warm beige color (Great for a highlight under the brow or in the inner tear duct)
I like this color because it isn’t too sparkly, just the right amount of shimmer for a shimmery highlight.

Sin – a light gold with a hint of pink
I mostly use this color for an all-over lid color. This is my most used color in the entire palette.

Naked – a matte light brow/beige
Naked is one of the two matte shadows in this palette.

Sidecar – a cool tone medium brown (almost taupe) with shimmer and some glitter
Although sidecar does have some fall-out, it is one of my favorite colors in this palette. I like sweeping this color across the entire lid. The glitter is wearable

Buck – a matte, warm light brown
This is the other matte shadow in the palette

Half Baked – the perfect shimmery gold
This is a gorgeous gold which also looks amazing when applied wet

Smog – a deep bronze color
This is probably my least favorite color in the palette, but that is because it doesn’t look good on with my pale complexion. This shadow would look amazing on a tan person or someone with a deeper skin tone.

Darkhorse – a very deep brown with minimal shimmer
I love Darkhorse to deepen up the outer corner!

Toasted – a shimmery medium brown with a hint of pink
In pictures of this palette, Toasted looks extremely pink, but in person this color looks more brown.

Hustle – a purple brown shimmer
Hustle is more brown than purple. Hustle looks fantastic in the outer corner along with Toasted on the lid.

Creep – a deep black with fine glitter
I have only used this shadow in my outer crease and when I used it the glitter didn’t transfer as much as I would have liked it to. Some people might like that about it.

Gun metal – a deep blue/gray with shimmer and minimal silver glitter
This is my least used shadow in the Naked palette and to be honest, I don’t know why. This color is BEAUTIFUL! It would work amazingly for a smokey eye.

...

Along with the Naked Palette came the original Primer Potion and 24/7 Liner. The Primer Potion is the perfect size and there is defiantly enough product to last you a while. I am not going to review the Primer Potion today, but let me just say, it works wonders!
*All the swatches from this blog post were on top of Primer Potion

I am not going to review the 24/7 Glide on Eyeliner in this review, but maybe I will review them soon.

Now lets move on to packaging!

This packaging for the Naked Palette is so unexpected and elegant. It is covered in brown velvet with metallic gold writing. I love it! I also like the shape of the eye shadows because no other palette from Urban Decay looks like this one.

Now, to sum this all up, I love the Urban Decay Naked Palette and would recommend it to anyone! This palette is well worth your money because the eye shadows that come in this palette are incredible and will last. There are unlimited combinations of eye looks that you can create with this palette! To be honest, I can’t think of one con for this palette.

I give the Naked Palette an A+

xoxo roseyreview

No comments:

Post a Comment